2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sneak Peak!

We are almost there...not quite but, almost there!  I can see light at the end of the tunnel and Peter is dreaming of golf again.  Our Grand Opening is Saturday, April 30 when we will be open 10am until 5pm that day. 

Don't forget that the PHilomont garden PHair is also that day, less than a mile down the road  where all sorts of wonderful vendors, events and things celebrating Philomont and spring will be taking place.  But, most of all, don't forget Blooming Hill!

We still plan on hosting an informal creme tea from 12noon until 2pm, rain or shine.  You can read about it in my sidebar.

Then, starting Friday, May 7, we will be open on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am until 5pm and other days by appointment or just call ahead and see if I'm in the garden.  I'm always happy to have you stop by and tour the gardens and see our greenhouse, too.

We've come a long way since that cold, February day when the truck unloaded all of the lumber.  With each day, Peter worked diligently and got a little more done. This weekend, we will finally be open and it's hard to imagine it being anything less.





The shop will have lots of pretty things for your garden and I can't wait for the lavender to be in bloom...just a few more weeks.  Until then, here's a sneak peak at the inside of our little studio/showroom turned garden shop extraordinaire.  You'll have to come on a Friday or a Saturday to see what's in store.  Until then, enjoy this light and airy space. I think those ever elusive and whimsical garden fairies themselves have even graced this place.  It has a magical feel to it.

I had a small map all made just for this occasion but my computer blew up a few weeks ago and I have been having trouble since, so I will give my MapQuest/GPS location. That way, you can find me just as easily until I have my map posted.  I live in Philomont, Virginia just off of historic Snickersville Turnpike. My physical address is: 19929 Telegraph Springs Road, Purcellville, Virginia 20132.  You can always call my on my cell: 703-431-0779  When you see this sign, you know you've arrived at Blooming Hill. Hope to see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what our schedule will be like on Saturday, but I hope to come by and see it all in person!

    If you get bored, perhaps you could come by and look at my lavender and tell me what we should do/should have done... it doesn't look right. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndie...have not been able to view any of the messages sent....this must be what the exciting news was ! Found on facebook but not my email. Regretfully I am taking a much needed art workshop that entire day. Gotta get those roofs and buildings lines straight Peter ! Congratulations on the opening and the completion of your hard work and the dream now a reality. That passion shall move forward !!!!! Eager to share it ! Betty www.painting4joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I'm not making it out today. You have beautiful weather and I hope for many visitors for you!

    ReplyDelete