2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Foot Surgery

The weather has been so lovely here at Blooming Hill and I'm stuck inside with a foot, the size of a well fed ground hog, after having bunion surgery on my right foot, last Thursday.  How does this have anything to do with gardening, you wonder?  Well, if I didn't get that foot fixed soon, I would not be doing any gardening come the first sign of real spring--not this pseudo stuff that La Nina keeps throwing at us. 

Between La Nina and global warming, I'm hoping that I will not have a piece of beach front property anytime soon, since the Chesapeake Bay is only about an hour and a half further east and the Shenendoah and Potomac Rivers are a mere 20 minutes from my house.  I saw a past cover from Time Magazine showing a polar bear clinging to a small iceberg with the caption reading, "Be Worried.  Be Very Worried."
Anyway, right now, my main concern is to get myself mobile again one of these days and lose the walker.  (I'm old but I'm not that old!)  Good thing my freezer has plenty of ice and thank goodness for Tylenol as well as my good friend and neighbor, Joyce, who has been walking Tucker for me. So, for the time being, I'm down and I'm out in a very sore foot kind've way.  Time to go find my own block of ice--not sharing today with any polar bears...sorry!  And, not taking the polar bear's plight or our earth's plight, lightly either.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are laid up. I guess the good news is, the Groundhog says we get 6 more weeks of winter (or what seems to be passing for winter). Hope you are up and kickin' by spring planting!
    love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete