2021 Blooming Hill Events and Happenings

We are working on it. Stay tuned...

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

We're Getting New Neighbors!

Here we are on the eighth day of Christmas--January 2, 2013 and, at Blooming Hill, we survived our very busy end of the 2012 season, the Mayan calender miscalculation (or whatever you want to call it) and even the fiscal cliff!  Wow!  What next??  Swarms of bees?Hahaha...What??...Really???  You mean that jolly little man in the brown truck parked in the driveway (sans reindeer) isn't delivering eight drummers drumming but, is delivering bees????

Well, not quite yet, but on this eighth day of Christmas, my true love had delivered to me a brand spankin' new bee hive!  SURPRISE!!  The honey bees will be arriving later in March when the weather softens and the bees get busy themselves and set up housekeeping in their new bee condo.

Wait a minute!...I know nothing about bees and besides that, who is gong to take care of this buzzing community of busy behavior since I am busily just trying to manage my own P's and Q's?  Ohhhhhhh, my true love has decided that we should be in the business of bees to help boost our lavender and flower gardens and my true love has also been taking a course on bees while reading whatever he can about the business of bees because, we are just not busy enough...ya' think!?!

Well, OKAYYYY.  Alert Welcome Wagon and bring on the bees.   We will be ready for them, or, at least, Peter will be!  Can't you just hear them happily humming along in their high-pitched voices while doing their work in the beautiful gardens?  Flitting from blossom to blossom, then back to their copper-topped home, right here at Blooming Hill.  I can just imagine tasting their delicious lavender-infused honey, too!  I think I'm likin' these new neighbors already!  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm.... lavender honey! Peter is thinking smart here: bees are good for your garden.

    ReplyDelete